Main Project Info
The house is located in the heart of the St John’s Wood Conservation Area in the City of Westminster. A 1930’s family detached home which consists of ground, 1st and 2nd floor levels set back from the main road and promenade of tree lined pavements the house is distinctive in character. Works to the house included an complete re-modelling of the ground floor area to create a series of connecting and interlinked open plan living spaces which are flexible enough to accommodate privacy when desired. Natural day lighting was enhanced within the deep floor plans by a mixture of large full height windows and considered roof light placement.
Whilst the upper floor bedrooms were re-proportioned and fully re-furbished the external facade and gardens were sympathetically overhauled to preserve the character of the house whilst providing subservient modern extensions.